Thursday, March 4, 2010

just to clarify

I want to make sure that I don't come across sounding like I think B has autism. Or that I am borrowing trouble and looking for something to be wrong with him.

First off he is too social, IMO, to have full blown autism. I am aware of that. He just has some odd quirks and behaviors that worry myself and Brad. They may be just that...quirks. On the flip side they may also be something worry about. It is impossible to say until we have him evaluated.

Obviously I don't want something to be wrong but the reality is that he is already very behind as far as his speech is concerned. Then to have him evaluated and find out he was even more behind than we knew? well that was even more worrisome. I am sure you can imagine.

I want the tools I need to work with him. I want to know what to do to help my son regardless of what is going on. Not knowing right now is killing me.

I like to have a plan. I like to know what to do and right now I am helpless. I will always be powerless because my children are ultimately in Gods hands but I can arm myself with tools to help them and that is ultimately what I am looking for.

oh and just to explain a little better about the blog moving...I am just too stoopid to use the other site. it was not as user friendly as I think blogger is so I wanted to switch it up. I had used blogger in the past then decided to go for a change. turned out change was not really working out. :) I am glad to be back here to be honest with you.

4 comments:

  1. Jon didn't talk for 2 years when he was a baby, he just had to point to stuff and his brother would get it for him. Of course now you can't shut him up ;P I'm sure Brady is fine!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  2. A.J., age 4, is coming along after speech therapy and day care. H has blossomed so much more since he was around so many peers. We have not had him evaluated and he is no longer in speech therapy by his mother's choice we are going to see how it goes for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is Paige. I am thinking good thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatever is going on with Brady, know that he will be OK because he has a wonderful mama and family to support him. Trust your gut. It won't steer you wrong.

    ReplyDelete