Sunday, May 30, 2010

Chocolate Coconut Slices


So it has been a while since I blogged here....hopefully you will forgive me since I am including a super yummy GF/CF recipe on my first blog post back.

Here is a link to a gram to cup conversion: http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Cup-to-Gram-Conversions/Detail.aspx
Here is a link to the original recipe: http://learnwithp.blogspot.com/2010/05/chocolate-coconut-slice.html  This blog is definitely worth watching, I love all the information Z posts here.  Good food, green ideas and general greatness.  I do love this blog.

Here is what I did with the recipe:
GF/CF Chocolate Coconut Slices
3/4 cup skimmed coconut milk(the thick high fat top off the coconut milk)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg(slightly beaten)
1 t GF vanilla
1/2 C brown rice flour
1/2 C millet flour
1 t GF baking powder
2 T cocoa powder
3/4 C coconut(I use an organic unsweetened thinly cut coconut)

Icing
1 C powdered sugar
2 T cocoa powder
1 T skimmed coconut milk again
1 1/2 T hot water

Beat coconut milk, sugar, egg and vanilla together.  Add the flours, baking powder and cocoa.  Stir in the coconut.  Bake in a greased pan, I actually used a pie plate, for about 20-25 minutes.  Spread icing while still hot.  Sprinkle coconut over top of icing.

These are still hot and cooling on the counter right now so I have not yet tasted it.  I will be back later with a taste test and a picture.

we tried it....holy crap it is awesome!  Brad even loved it and he is always a little less than enthused with GF/CF recipes.  and here it is is in all it's glory...after we ate half of it.  I also took a picture from the side so you could see the yummy cake-y texture under all that frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment